Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Big O hits the U.S.A.

It's been a while since I've written about Ireland, so I was pleased to learn from Crime Always Pays that the U.S. edition of The Big O arrives on bookstore shelves Sept. 22 and that author Declan Burke arrives shortly thereafter to build goodwill and talk up his wonderful second novel.

Detectives Beyond Borders called The Big O "A tour de fun from a high-spirited Irish novelist and blogger" and said that "the deliciously complicated plotting, the wry dialogue and the sympathy Burke engenders for his cast of characters made this one of the most fun and purely pleasurable reads I've had in a while."

U.S. readers, you're in for a treat.

© Peter Rozovsky 2008

Technorati tags:

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Whoa, is that the US cover? It's fabulous. I do hope I don't learn it has evil twins out there, but the mix of type and image works terrifically well.

April 24, 2008  
Blogger Dave Knadler said...

Ditto: Love that cover design.

April 24, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

The U.S. cover differs markedly from the Irish one, though the two share an obvious common design element.

You've seen the hot cover, now READ THE HIT BOOK!!!

April 24, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great. Thanks for the heads up. I'll pre-order today.

-Eric

April 24, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I think I'll complement my Irish edition with a copy of the U.S. edition. This matched set will make a handsome addition to any home.

April 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home